Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Drivers Problem in Win Xp Bone

• Please log in to reply

smak786110

smak786110

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
[size=4] Hello
Well,this is my first post and am new around here,so if I make any mistakes pls forgive me :) ...

Ok,my problem is I want to install external infrared,after putting the drivers cd and plugging in the device.It checks for drivers and gives me this type of error:-
THERE WAS PROBLEM INSTALLING THIS HARDWARE:
MOBILE ACTION MA-620 USB INFRARED ADPTER
AN ERROR OCCURED DURING THE INSTALLATION OF THE DEVICE.
THE REQUIRED SECTION WAS NOT FOUND IN THE INF

I was using the same device in the full version of windows xp pro...After installing windows xp pro bone edition it gives me this problem....The same thing when i install a printer,it says some registry keys are missing..
I also had problems with Macromedia Fireworks but then i used Tweak XP program,and it got fixed.

Is there any solution for this???
Am using Bone edition coz its lots more faster compared to full xp. :whistling: :blink: :help: :)

Advertisements

smak786110

smak786110

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
helloo?????

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
smak, first off, these forums can't help you if you don't have a legally recognized windows as main OS

Personally however, I use XP bone as a backup OS, should my main OS ( Windows XP HOME SP2 ) fail to boot.

The problem, or problems, with these special OS's is that they've been stripped of any number of features, and that does include DRIVERS

My computer has a dual-monitor setup, which works with any normal version of windows, but not XP Bone. And, while I have tried, although briefly, to find a driver, it proved very difficult.

This is because drivers are configured for a specific hardware, to make it work in a specific windows. Anything that isn't included in XP Bone is unlikely to work, and actually very likely to damage your hardware.

The last thing to think about when using one of these offshoots of windows is security

Unless you're a pro at using windows, and I mean EVERYTHING about it, you have litterally no way to know what security holes the guy put in there... What to hack you, or to let certain viruses in, etc

While these offshoots can seem nice, and fast, and usefull ( and I agree with that acessment, clearly, as I use it for backup OS )... It's just not worth while to use as MAIN operating system.

I strongly recommend you reload XP pro.
Other than that, we here at Geeks To Go cannot, according to our forum rules, help you with you problem, sorry.

Someone please lock this topic.

smak786110

smak786110

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
???

smak786110

smak786110

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
ur reply was very late, sorry!!!
I hv already installed the original xp in my PC and the problem is solved!