Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to change administrator’s password

• Please log in to reply

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
I'm the administrator of this computer and have two accounts
One will say, is called (bill) with administrator rights with password that I picked for it
and the other with limited account with password. Here is what I need to know,
When I go to get in safe mode it gives me two accounts to pick from, one
is my user account ( bill ) with administrator right and the other called
Administrator, for it I just type in admin for password, I want to change it,
How to change administrator’s password in xp pro for safe mode?
I want only me as the administrator with a password that I pick to be able to get
in to safe mode.

Edited by 4238dwight, 26 March 2006 - 11:25 AM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Can be done in the Control Panel -> User Accounts section, but the Adminstrator password can only be changed in Safe Mode.

Dwight

Dwight

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Can be done in the Control Panel -> User Accounts section, but the Adminstrator password can only be changed in Safe Mode.

Thank you Neil, I knew it was there some where just could not find it. I will look in safe mode.
Have a good one and Thank You for your time and help. :whistling:

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you have XP Home you must log into the real admin account from Safe Mode. In XP Pro you can tap control alt delete twice on the welcome screen and log into the real admin account. Then just go into the control panel user accounts and make the changes. People often don't realize there is a difference between the real admin account and the one with admin privileges. Obviously, you were paying attention.

Johanna