Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Asus A8V Deluxe driver/bios/Hard disc help please

• Please log in to reply

bloggs

bloggs

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a machine with an Asus A8V mobo that I am having a nightmare with.
The machine came with one Sata H/D and after six months I added another drive and all has been fine but I was running out of space so I bought a Samsung SP2514C 250GB and followed the instructions changing the bios from Raid to ide, I still found it difficult to find the correct driver but eventually I had all three drives running ok.

The trouble began when I lost my C drive and tried using one of my new Samsung SP2514C 25GB drives, I still can't get the hardware profiles and drivers to see these new disks, I have tried doing what I did before and changing the Sata Raid sockets to Ide but still no good, and I can't even get the new drives to work on the main Sata sockets.

I'm not sure if it's a driver problem and or a Mobo bios problem because I'm totally confused as to what to attempt first, I tried to update the EZ bios but I couldn't get the Mobo to see the contents of the floppy.

I have got in a bit of a state and am desperate for some logical help please.....

1.which drivers do I need

2.an idiots guide to flashing the bios

3.how to get the new Samsung SP2514C 25GB to be seen again.....

Thanks in advance!!

Advertisements

pvc4twenty

pvc4twenty

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
http://support.asus......el=A8V Deluxe

Try this link. I was able to update my A8V deluxe bios without having to do the standard flash. I have also had monster issues with this mobo. I finally (knock on wood) have everything in order. Hopefully this corrects your problem.