Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SOLVED: Shortcut Problems

• Please log in to reply

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Hello Again....ARGH...this computer is getting closer to the curb as we speak or type...lol...but I am learning...then again...perhaps I should take up knitting!!!

After just replacing some missing DLL files....I now am faced with the following messages when I boot up the system...

The Shortcut "Event Reminder.lnk" refers to a location that is unavailable. The location could be on a hardrive on the computer, on a network, or on a different computer on your home network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or home network, and then try again.

OK

The Shortcut "Resume Windows Update Istallation.lnk" refers to a location that is unavailable. The location could be on a hardrive on the computer, on a network, or on a different computer on your home network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or home network, and then try again.

OK

What is the solution here?

Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 27 March 2006 - 09:54 AM.

Advertisements

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
okkk....I used the Tune Up Utilities 2006 trial link on Peterm's sig line and this problem is gone...so I thought I'd mention it just in case anyone else is having the same problem.