Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ICS

• Please log in to reply

zergdeath1

zergdeath1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am trying to enable ICS for my computer (XP Media Edition). But Whenever I try to enable ICS on my LAN connection it tells me that There is an IP conflict. My internet is coming in through a wireless adapter through a USB port. It is a Netgear thing using netgears utility. I tried to switch the routers preferances to assign my computer a differant IP, which allowed me to enable ICS but Whenever I turned on ICS it closed my connection. I also assined my computer a static IP differant than the 192.168.0.1 that windows needs but it doesn't work.

Here is all the data that I have on my computers internet info: www.members.lycos.co.uk/zergdeath1/data.bmp

Does anyone know what I should do to Enable ICS?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Um, if you have a router and a broadband connection, why are you using ICS? Wouldn't it be far easier just to use the router - plug the machines into that - and let the router handle the internet traffic?

zergdeath1

zergdeath1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer is hooke up through wireless