Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Factory Installed User Guides?

• Please log in to reply

jakeman4855

jakeman4855

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I got help here once before and was hoping I could again.

My hard drive developed a fatal error and was having problems and Dell sent me a new one. I have the operating system (XP) and all of the drivers reinstalled but I'm missing one thing that I used quite often. The User and Device guides in the Help and Support Center. XP help is intact, but I'd like to have my user guides back.

I've tried to download the user guide from Dell's site but it just installs in it's own folder and the names are nonsense and of no use without titles. The old harddrive is still working and the things I want are on it, but Dell's techs can't seem to help me get them off that drive and on to the new one. Something about a factory image.

Can this be done. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

jake

Advertisements