Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

wireless will not connect please help

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I was messing with my firewall and could not get a wireless signal afterwards. the signals would show but couldnt connect to any. I turnes off the firewall and now it connects to the signals but I cant get on my aol or explorer. the aol goes to checking tcpp and even checks password and then signs off. the explorer says page cannot be displayed. I think I somehow messed up my configuration. please help. I am in a hotel and need my laptop. I am on win xp
dell inspirion 6000

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Use your System Restore, cross your eyes and toes and pray.
Start> All Programs> Accessories> System Tools> System Restore
Choose a time before you mucked with the settings. What firewall do you use? There may be a way to shortcut to default.