Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express NG problem

• Please log in to reply

deanbo

deanbo

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
I have developed a problem with Outlook Express and can't seem to fix it.

The problem is when i try to view the Newsgroups they no loger work and an error box
appears and says "The Server could not be found".
When i click for details i get the error " 800ccc0d " with some other details which i don't
know if i should be listing but it says protocol NNTP as well.

I went from dial-up to ADSL a couple of months ago,but it worked fine before and after the switch.

Any ideas anyone ? :whistling:

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Go to your ISP's homepage or call them up. Different ISPs use different servers- perhaps yours have changed, or are not configured correctly? NNTP uses port 119 is that open?

Johanna

deanbo

deanbo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
If i click on details it says NNTP and 119 too as well as Secure[SSL]:0 below those 2

I don't know if that means it is open or not but that's what it says.
The News and server names are identical too and that's all it says.

It has worked since i went to ADSL and before on dial-up but i joined wanandoo when they were freeserve and it says that one the server and account names,not wanadoo.

I'll have to figure out how to get in touch with them somehow as i've never done it before,but thanks johanna. :whistling: