Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

File Sharing

• Please log in to reply

space_cow_boy

space_cow_boy

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi Guys,

I think I've already set up a network with my two desktop PC's. They both have D-link wireless PCI cards in them and access a router (d-link) connected to my modem (d-link). Both can connect to the net fine, no problems there, but I'm not sure how to configure them so that I can share files and printer.

One is running xp home and the other 98se. I'm guessing it shouldn't be too hard but just not sure of the steps to take. Any help would be awesome

Cheers

Marc

Advertisements

SpaceCowboy706

SpaceCowboy706

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
Hello space_cow_boy and welcome to G2G, :whistling:

I would reccomend that you first upgrade the other computer to Windows Xp also... or you are in for a hard road to completing you file and print share. :blink:

The tutorials Detailed here (Post 5 & 6) are for all operating systems on all PC's to be windows XP, as it gets very difficult to try and explain how to share on cross Platforms.

If upgrading is not an option then I would reccomend searching this site for more help.

PS.... Like the Name also :help:

Edited by SpaceCowboy706, 25 March 2006 - 11:26 PM.

space_cow_boy

space_cow_boy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Yeah good to see a fellow space cowboy out there! Cool, appreciate the advice, guess that's something I'll have to look into.

Thanks for your help

Marc