Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Won't Recognize CD?

• Please log in to reply

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Hey guys,

My Aunts computer is really messed up. Her son tried to install an AOL disc but something happened and now they lost their internet connections. I checked in IE tools->internet options then clicked on the connections tab and there was no programs that would allow her to connect. I told her to call her her ISP to see if they could give her the software, because she didnt have it anymore.

Another problem, is that her computer is just very slow over all so i burned some programs (hijack this, adaware, cwshredder, etc...) in order to run them on her computer. But when i insert them into her computer, it doesnt recognize that a cd is in there. Is that because of her cdrom drive or something else.

Also,is there another way i could put the programs onto her computer, like linking my laptop with her PC. Thanks

~ditto

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Could you use an old-school floppy to use the programs?

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
i think only CWS shredder was big enough to put on a floppy. All the others were bigger than 1.4mb. Even if i reformated the floppy disc they would be too large.

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
HiJackThis is only 157 KB, it should fit easily.

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
lol, wow!!

i remember what was wrong now.. I had the zipped file of hijack this but they didnt have winzip. thats what it was. ha thanks nathan. ill use the executable download of hijack this.