Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading Memory and Graphics (need to be sure!)

• Please log in to reply

dannyb46

dannyb46

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello everyone!

Im trying to update my Packard Bell imedia 3084, but theres so many conflicting things about updating!

It has an ASUSTek P4R800-VM mainboard with 2 memory slots, capable of 2GB combined.
It has an ATI IGP9100 built into the mainboard but its far too slow!
2x 256mb = 512mb shared memory (want to add another 1gb so i will get bout 1.25gb)
Im ready to purchase an 'ATI X800 GTO 256mb PCI-E', but i dont know if it will be compatible?!
Maybe the soundcard someday to 5.1.

So all in all i want to buy 1GB single stick memory 184pin (which one?)
Update graphics to an 'ATI X800 GTO 256mb PCI-E (will it fit, work?)

Hope you can help me guys!

Edited by dannyb46, 26 March 2006 - 08:50 AM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Memory wise DDR400 is the type you want which is god because its cheap and plentiful, you can double check on the corsair website they will tell you using the tool.

You have an AGP8x graphics interface slot so that vid card wont work you need to get an AGP card.