Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

FEAR

• Please log in to reply

cheema

cheema

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
I know fear is a sweet game and it almost made me pee my pants with my logitech z-5500 5.1 surround sound, xfi xtreme music sound card, ati x1900xt gfx card, and dell 24'' screen. But the optimal resolution for the game (something like 1024x...) is different than the native reolution of the dell screen. When I change the resolution in the game to 1600x1200, things seem choppy. Is that choppiness due to the game not being optimal at 1600x1200 or b/c of my gfx card?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah its quite a high res, its not optimal(its certainly not optimal at 1204, try turning down some of the settings a smidge its one of those games that even the top of the range cards struggle with especially of the rest of the pc isnt as powerful as it is. Really its just an incredibly intensive game on the cpu but it should still be reasonable at those settings, run the test in options to check the fps at what settings try and get it between 35 and 40.

cheema

cheema

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts
thx