Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Enlarged screen

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi, my roommate has a problem on her laptop. She said the computer was about to go idle so she moved the mouse to get it to come back and when it did all of the desktop icons were bigger, the wallpaper didn't fit right, the internet browser was big and couldn't fit in the screen. Everything she brought up was enlarged. She did not click anything, just jiggled the mouse to get the screen to come back on. I thought I knew how to fix this but the methods I used did not work (changing the DPI, etc). This has happened to me in the past as well, and I remember being able to fix it easily but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

Thank you so much, and any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts
Hey there ChloeGirldie, welcome to Geeks To Go Forums.

Try changing the screen resolution. Right click on Desktop

> Goto "Properties"
> The "Settings" Tab
> More to the bottom you should see "Scrren Resolutions"

Try diffrent one's to suit your monitor. Many computers are iether set to "800 By 600" or "1027 By 768".

Cool :whistling: