Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

serial port/com 1 problem

• Please log in to reply

tomr

tomr

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I've got a polariod pdc 700 digital camera and have downloaded the xp 'patch'. I can't get the computer to recognize the camera or upload from it.
In looking at the hardware I've got a com 3 port for the modem but no com port 1 which should work for the camera.
The camera has to be hooked up to the serial port of the computer for xp, not by the usb cable.
I've called Polaroid and they say its a software problem not related to their's... getting the computer to see the camera, and they can't help.
How can I get the computer to see the camera? And get it linked to the serial port?
It used to work but won't now and I don't have any idea what happened. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Tom the frustrated. (its making me crazy).

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sound like your just choosing the wrong com port. Is there an area in the Polaroid program where you can choose the com port? Try the different choices until one works.

tomr

tomr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
No area to choose a different port. Now I'm reinstalling the program using the xp compatibility wizard and get an error message that the program windrvr.sys is missing. Can't find that now.... looking on driver sites...
Tom

tomr

tomr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Problem solved...many thanks for the suggestion. I can return to my real life now.
Tom

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Can you tell us how you solved it? The solution may help others having the same problem. <_<

tomr

tomr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I went to Driver's Planet and found a Polaroid driver for win 98/2000 and after installing it the cmera worked with the serial port and the camera's program. Previously I'd run the win compatibiltiy wizard on it with no success, but after installing the polaroid driver, the wizard worked just fine.
The details of this are beyond me, but if it works I'm happy. I hope this provides some explanation to help it all make sense....
Tom

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Thanks Tom <_<