Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FPS for cs

• Please log in to reply

silencer.dot

silencer.dot

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
im getting 60 fps when i play cs, i want to increase the fps. how can i do that? or is it possible to increase it?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You can lower settings, but 60FPS is well beyond the minimum fps you can visually detect, if you are getting lag its not your fps at fault if your getting 60, HL2 is also very stable fps wise so you can have as low as 30 fps and be playable.

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
CS 1.6 I believe to be "locked" at 60 fps. Thats the max I get. HL2 and cs:source Ive seen get to over 300 fps on my rig. You shouldnt need any higher than 30-40 FPS consistantly. If you are getting lag, make sure your "rate" is set properly. In game hit the ~ key, the type rate. It should display your current rate and the server rate. Then depending on your connection, which Im going to assume is either DSL or cable, set it to a minimum of 7500. So in console type in "rate 7500", press enter. Also, make sure your netgraph is up so you can see if you are getting packet loss or choke.
-Pete.