Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE
Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of friendly volunteers serve up answers and support. Get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message and all ads will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account Login to Account

Non Functioning CD-ROM Drive - Please Help

• Please log in to reply

BoomCackle

BoomCackle

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
For the past couple months, I have found that my CD-ROM drive does not function. The last time I recall it working was in early January, but before then there were issues. It wasn't a major issue because I didn't find myself needing to use it much. But now, my computer has encountered some spyware and adware and I'd rather restore my whole computer. If anyone has any ideas one what I could do, it would be greatly appreciated. Here's what I'm running, if any other information is desired, please let me know.

Compaq Presario 1700T Laptop
Windows XP
Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R2002 (its a combo CD-RW/DVD drive and is removable)

The drive is in the device manager and claims that it is working properly.

Thank you.

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured