Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

rpc unavailable

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I used to have DSL. Then I moved to an area that did not have it. SO I signed up for internet through my cable. When I had DSL I had no problems. When I recieved my modem ( Motorola Surfboard) I could not get it to work. I called the tech line and had 2 people from the cable company come out. I recieve the message of, acquirring network address, rpc unavailable. I shut down down the firewalls and tried everything the tech line suggested. Still I have no IP address. Tried different ethernet cables, installed a new nic and still none. Any help or ideas?