Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't use external burner

• Please log in to reply

lmdix

lmdix

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,
I have an LG external DVD burner that was working just fine until I plugged my digital camera in to download some pictures. After I used the camera my burner was not being recognized in my device manager. I unplugged, rebooted, etc. and then when I plugged it back in the computer only recognizes it as a 2.0 USB storage device. So, now my software won't recognize it as a burner!! Help!

I'm running Windows XP Professional 2.8 gh, 512 mb ram, Dell Dimension 4600. Also, my son got a creative Nomad jukebox for christmas and ever since he loaded the software on our system the Nomad shows up as being connected to the computer, even though it isn't and I've even uninstalled all of the drivers and software for it!

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Advertisements

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
I've also got a dimension 4600... The USB drivers for this computer aren't perfect. Have you tried updating them?

lmdix

lmdix

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:whistling: yes! I've deleted them and reinstalled, etc.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Try different ports ( you might have already tried... )

However, Don't just try with the front or back ones, try all the ports one after the others... My friend's USB memory device wouldnt work on my front ports but on my rear ones it did..