Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A8N-SLI Premium Video problem

• Please log in to reply

Weston13

Weston13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had recently bought all new parts for a new system that my friends and I were building. The parts consist of:
A8N-SLI Premium Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3800+
GeForce 7800 GTX
2 GB XMSTWIN Corsair (2 x 1GB)
Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 250 GB SATA Harddrive
450W power supply

The problem I encounter is that, I have everything plugged in and when I put the monitor into the video card and boot it up there is no display.Note: I dont now have windows or the drivers for my card installed because I do not have a monitor image. Also note: I cannot install the drivers and windows because my motherboard does not support onboard video. All that appears on the screaan is that the monitor tells me it is in Analog Power Save Mode.

Advertisements

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Do you have the card in the right slot? With the Asus boards, you should have the vodeo card in the top PCI-e slot. And when running SLI, you should have the cards jumperd, and your monitor plugged into the top video card. Make sure its in the right slot.
-Pete.