Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Admin, any possbility of...

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
In fact, I wanted to call it, "the little question forum" or "the silly questions forum" because a lot of people have real problems which agreed should go to the right forum, but often it is just little questions such as we see often enough in the off topics which if lumped into one place here could makes their answering easy for mods and members alike. After a while those that very often asked could get a sticky answer. For myself it is not that I don't respect the right forum for the question but more I feel my question through important to me is too trivial for placing lets say in the malware forum, or at times I am really not sure where the question should be. Anyway, thanks for the fun that I have had over the last year that I have been here, I have for my part tried to contribute, and think Geeks to go great. btw I can see you're really busy now so I will again at some later date if you wish.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
What you propose sounds incredibly horrible to moderate and insanely confusing for staff members. Not to mention the forum would become a catch-all for everything.

Also, even if someone believes they have a "quick" question about something, does not mean it will stay quick.

I am not sure what the problem is with the current system?

ScHwErV :whistling:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
A forum for questions not worth asking? :whistling:

If it's a computer related question it should fit in one of the categories above. If not, then it goes into this community category.

Whether it's 'little' or 'silly', if you have a question about something, it's likely others do to, and they may benefit from the reply you receive. Besides, the silly questions are the easiest to answer. :blink:

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Thanks for these replies, I feel happy now that the guidelines are clear the only question that remains then is for the individual to decide where the question should go and whether it isn't easier to ask it in off topics.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts

the only question that remains then is for the individual to decide where the question should go and whether it isn't easier to ask it in off topics.

If it's not in the proper forum we can move it, But as stated creating a cacth all would prove to be a lot of work

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Thanks again, I will be asking quite a few questions about hjt, yes freshman fleamailman, also my own interest of getting by without the mouse, if I post in the wrong place please consider it as no ill intention on my part but more that stupidity that you are well used to from me by now.

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Fair enough,
I assume youe reffering to this topic
http://www.geekstogo...opic=104307&hl=

You might be better off to post in the Comments and suggestions for now, ask for links to the logs you seek, not actual logs as they will get moved out of there,

hope that helps

PS your own your own on playing without a mouse :whistling:

Oh and please don't turn it into a how would you fix this log or that log then it will get closed for sure

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Why dont we make a fleamails questions forum.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Thanks scot, embarringly true.

don77, that link is part of it though being unable to meet their deadline and refusing to cheat, I lost out there too("fleamailman you are now only a member here, sorry" um, a rather familia ring don't you think) but I am undettered and would very much like to continue to build on what I know, to be honest I think we know that even if I contually help people here in the threads at my level, I may never have the brains to read HJT logs as a helper but yes I would like to know these seven malwares for myself now, I have got four of them by myself, I will get to the rest too though malware removal is only part of this site's gift to members and non members, I would really like to thank Admin, dsenette, scot and the others who have helped me with the many silly questions I have asked, I have advanced then only to find that there are yet more questions.