Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Home Networking Issues

• Please log in to reply

Aumadas87

Aumadas87

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Hello....This is my problem. I have two computers, a laptop and a home pc. The laptop is connected wireless to my linksys router and the home pc is connected by wires. I tried to set up a home network and both computers are recognized in the workgroup but they cannot access each others files..Both have windows xp although the home pc does not have service pack 2. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Sam_G

Sam_G

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
Try enabling file sharing. This will enable files to be shared.

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
Yes enable file sharing by right clicking on a folder and going to properties. I awsume you have XP ? even if you don't this also works on 2000. Under the properties of the folder you will see a list of options on how you would like to share the folder ...

Aumadas87

Aumadas87

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Yes i have file sharing enabled but the folder cannot be opened by the laptop. All firewalls were turned off as well. And like i said the home pc is able to get files from the laptop.