Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Amazing Difference

• Please log in to reply

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
My dad brought home a Dell UltraSharp LCD for me to try about a month to see if I liked LCDs or CRTs better. The thing was 19" and looked huge compared to my puny Dell 15" CRT I had up till now. Since I was in the mood for some good ole GeoMod, I installed Red Faction and tried the ole classic on a new spiffy monitor.

Worst ghosting ever.

The ghosting trail was at least half an inch, and when I did some research I found the Dell UltraSharp has a 20 ms response time :whistling: Well that just wasn't going to cut it so I went searching.

Finally found (using PC Worlds reviews and PriceGrabber) a very beautiful 19" LCD Acer monitor with an astounding 8ms response time! The lowest I've ever found was 6ms so I decided to go ahead and purchase the 8ms wonder, and I'm glad I did. It arrived maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago and even my sister (14 years old) loves playing Lego: Star Wars on it!

I played Call of Duty 2 as the first game on the new monitor and was amazing, there was no ghosting what so ever! Even the mouse has no ghosting! So the purpose of this forum was to inform those with terrible response rates that upgrading is incredible, and you won't be sorry, and to see if anyone else has any views of monitors or the like (favorites, anti-favorites, etc.) :blink:

Edited by BlackPandemic, 26 March 2006 - 09:49 PM.

Advertisements