Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registry qusetion

• Please log in to reply

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
hi was hoping someone could help me with this. I downloaded a registry file called " CPL MOUSE FIX " which basically removes the accel that windows automatically adds to all mice. When I downloaded the reg file and double clicked it, i expected it to say registry value added or something similar but all it did was open up notepad :whistling: and i dont know how i can get it to auto run the reg file. Ugg, i am using windows xp pro sp2 and it use to just require me to double click the file heres a picture of it if that helps

Posted Image

Edited by Thomas Aquinas, 27 March 2006 - 03:35 AM.

Advertisements

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
wow that was fast keith

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
oops guess not :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then control panel, printers and other hardware, mouse, pointer options, can you slow it down there, maybe tick enhance pointer precision. Click apply if you change anything

[attachment=7559:attachment]

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
hmm my main question was why the reg file wouldnt exe itself and just opened up into a notepad file know what i mean? awhile back i downloaded that file..and i double clicked it and i got a confirmation that the registry information was added. now its just notepad with all the registry values no exe file so to speak how do i make it so i can double click it and have it automatically added to the registry :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got a link for where you downloaded the file

Thomas Aquinas

Thomas Aquinas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
ok i figured it out, heres what i did to add the registry value into my registry. i selected run command and typed regedit and then simply selected file import, then chose the reg file on my desktop and clicked open regedit than gave me the following confirmation: mousefix.reg has been successfully added to the registry. now all i gotta do is reboot :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Good one, glad it is running now