Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No memory left but I have deleted all my files

• Please log in to reply

xjustlookinx

xjustlookinx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi there, can anyone help please? My computer says that I only have 676 MB of free space. I have deleted nearly all of my files I should have loads. My disks total size is 74.4 GB. I have run McAfee and it says that I have no trojans or viruses but I am at a loss as to why I have space left. I am not computer technically minded, I am little like a typical lady driver as far as the computer is concerned (I know where the petrol goes) ha. :whistling:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start, all programmes, accessories, system tools to run disc clean up, tick recycle bin if it isn't already

If you look at the recycle bin and it shows content, that's as far as the deleted files went, which has the advantage of safeguarding you if you delete files in error.

Generally, you should delete files then reboot the PC to check it runs properly, if not, you can restore the files from the recycle bin

xjustlookinx

xjustlookinx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Keith I am trying that