Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Desktop settings keep getting reseted on restart

• Please log in to reply

boxtripbox

boxtripbox

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Windows XP on Intel 3.0ghz w/ 1gig ram

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can help me with this reaccuring problem.

My desktop is set for optimal speed so I have the Desktop Theme set to Classic, Screensaver is off, and all windows Audio is set to off.

However, frequently when I turn on my PC, it reverts back to the old settings of the Windows XP theme, screensaver set to On etc.

I notice that this happens most often when I disconnect a USB device from the PC and then power down. When I power back up I have to reset all the settings by hand.

I am concerned because I did some other tweeks to my system that might be getting reset aswell, but I wouldn't know it. I can only reset what I can see.

Does anyone know of anything I can do to fix this? Any help would be appreciated as I live in Japan and the tech support doesn't fully understand English.

Thanks for your time!
-Jake

Advertisements