Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DAEMON tools

• Please log in to reply

whitey_VTS

whitey_VTS

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
Hi, i have this program i have been using for months but suddenlt its corrupt it seems, when ever i try and open the program i get the following message:

Posted Image

and when i try to Remove/repair application i get this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

As it is i cant seem to do anything with it so if you guys could help me repair or delete either way im not fussed.. thanks in advance.

Edited by whitey_VTS, 27 March 2006 - 07:44 AM.

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
A common way to solve problems like this is to download daemon tools again and reinstall it. Then after the fresh install, try uninstalling it again.

whitey_VTS

whitey_VTS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I downloaded the new version ran the setup it gave me a choice of updating and removing the older version both gave me the same response as the screen shots above :whistling:

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
you dont by any chance have the game knights of honor, do you?

there's been rumors that knights of honor will rename any instance of daemon.dll found on your machine during its install process. this is supposed to stop pirates from mounting the game image.

the game renames the dll to daemon.bak. There's many people reporting this problem, if you do a google. if this applies to you, find daemon.bak, rename it to daemon.dll

whitey_VTS

whitey_VTS

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Thats funny you should say that because i only recently (about 2 weeks ago) removed that game from my machine after almost never using it..
but it never happend whilst the game was on my machine or when i removed it.. it seemed to have happend after i installed Anti-blaxx

*EDIT* searched for both daemon.bak and daemon.dll both not found, could i delete the folder from program files then run a registry cleanup? would that remove it fully?

*EDIT2* Hi thanks for your help but i've fortunately solved the problem i just downloaded the daemon.dll file and put it into C:/WINDOWS and its working fine now, i think it will have been the KoH game you know.

Edited by whitey_VTS, 27 March 2006 - 02:00 PM.