Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems installing games

• Please log in to reply

Roodbert

Roodbert

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi everybody,

i've got a little problem with my pc, a few days ago my brother had (by accident)
changed my boot.ini file, so i had to format my pc and reinstall everything...
Now that all the basic software (firewall, viruschecker, ad-aware, SP 2) has been installed, i wanted to start installing my games (i have just bought KOTOR2 :thumbsup:..

But now it happened; every game i want to install gives me error messages;
for example KOTOR 2 gives me a CRC error and after that a fatal error and
after the fatal error it shuts down the setup... :S
I tried to install it without my firewall and/or virus scanner on, and still i had the problem...

So now i thought, it is not my fault, but LucasArts fault, so i went back to the store
and told them what was going on, they took me to a pc and let me install the game, so they could see where it went wrong.
But nothing went wrong, the problem seems to be in my pc... :tazz:

could someone please help me?? ;)

THANX!!

Robert

Advertisements

AL...

AL...

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
A wild stab in the dark (and assumeing that you havent had it installed on your comp before) would suggest that your cd drive and the game dont like each other. If you can get hold of/get a loan of another drive you could try that. Does your comp meet the min specs for the game? Bit of a loss otherwise sorry. Anyone else?

Roodbert

Roodbert

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the reply, but these games were all installed on my pc and they do
meet the minimum specs...

But thanks for the tip, I will install my old dvd - driver and I'll check if that works :tazz:

Thanks