No Desktop, No Taskbar
Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:52 PM
Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:54 PM
Windows cannot find "C:\WINDOWS\system32\control.exe". Make sure you typed the name ... blah blah
lol sorry to be bugging you so much... but i really do appreciate the help
Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:57 PM
When you run sfc /scannow and it asks for the CD, if you put the wrong version in, it will say so, that's probably the quickest way forward here, it's a 50 / 50 and you would just need to borrow the other version if it does say you have the wrong disc
Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:58 PM
Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:01 PM
Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:04 PM
Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:22 PM
i followed these steps from http://support.micro...;EN-US;Q256194:
To resolve this issue: 1. Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE, and then click Task Manager.
2. On the File menu, click New Task (Run).
3. Type cmd.exe, and then press ENTER.
4. If necessary, change to the %SystemRoot% folder.
5. Rename the Shdocvw.dll file by typing ren shdocvw.dll shdocvw.old.
6. Restart the computer.
Other older files that may cause problems with Explorer.exe or the shell if they are located in %SystemRoot% folder:
now a blue screen comes up for a split second and it keeps resetting my computer
Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:27 PM
1. Restart your computer, and keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up until you get options, select Safe Mode with a command prompt then press enter.
2. Log on to your computer with an administrator account or with an account that has administrator credentials.
3. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to an earlier state.
Look for the most recent system checkpoint created before the errors to restore from
For additional information about the Safe mode with a command prompt, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
A description of the Safe mode boot options in Windows XP
Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:29 PM
Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:31 PM
there are words in white writing at the top of the blue screen... but it disappears and my computer resets so fast i don't know what it says...
Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:50 PM
Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:51 PM
Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:06 PM
Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:09 PM
And it has been solved That guy helped me well and got alot of good raves....
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users