Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how cool is linux

• Please log in to reply

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

or just be old school and use wine, which is basically a free alternative for cedega that's been around for ages :whistling:

configuration is annoying though, gotta admit. The most common thing is to dual boot a pc with linux and windoze, so you get the best of both worlds.

Wine doesn't automatically work with most games, and if it does, you have probably modified it yourself, which I tried once :\. Just stick with cedega, its great and supports all the biggest titles, maybe not the newest, but the most popular!

Plus Cedega uses wine, but a modified version (wineX).

Edited by SuperSam, 30 March 2006 - 06:15 AM.

Advertisements

Mike-pxndx

Mike-pxndx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
But if i want a PC wich i can Create webpage and play games on it......

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
if you want a system that allows you to do both, and the gaming is the more important, stick with Windows.

If gaming isn't more important then designing, dual boot.

Edited by Dragon, 30 March 2006 - 04:05 PM.

Thebinaryman

Thebinaryman

• PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Sweet, but how do i would use it, i mean is there any task bar, likw windows, is the way to use like a mac or....

it sounds like you are/were a bit confused as to what linux will appear and feel like. check this out: http://shots.osdir.com