Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

palm tungsten e2 won't turn on

• Please log in to reply

penguinshrink

penguinshrink

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
I have a Palm Tungsten E2 that I bought in 6/05 from buy.com. It has worked perfectly (turning on and off as desired, HotSyncing, etc) until this week, when I got a low battery message, then dropped it on a carpet (not hard, and that's happened before without damage), and now it won't turn on at all, even after being plugged in for 24+ hours. I tried all the things suggested on the Palm help pages (soft reset, hard reset, etc) with no luck. I've looked through the Palm forums and not found any answers.

My second problem is that I can't find the serial number on the unit. I know it's supposed to be on the back under the bar code, but there's nothing on the back. It doesn't even look like there was ever a bar code (nothing worn off or smudged). The box doesn't have a serial number either, but it does have a UPC, SKU, and P/N (which the lady at Palm customer support said is not the same thing as the S/N).

With these two problems, I can't figure out any way to get my Palm fixed. I could get the serial number if I could turn it on, but if I could turn it on I wouldn't need the serial number. I'm a medical student, and I use this device every day to keep track of patient medications and that sort of thing, so I'm a little panicked now. Please help! :whistling:

Thanks in advance!

Advertisements

coasttech

coasttech

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
A lot of the time the serial number will be under the battery... would check there. Do you still have warranty on this product?

penguinshrink

penguinshrink

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
The battery on this unit is internal, and I'm not prepared to open it up.

I've had it for about 6 months past the end of warranty, unfortunately.

Thanks, though!