Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Unable to access router via web interface

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Linksys WRT54G router which I have replaced. I am now trying to use it on another computer (modified, as a bridge). Working with three XP systems, call them A, B, and C, I cable the router to system A, open IE6, point it at, and the router responds with its normal configuration screens. System A is the system on which the router has been installed, and has now been replaced by another router.

On Systems B (also XP with IE6), trying to access the router witht he same IP address gives me a not-found response. However, ping works. System B was connected wirelessly to System A's router, without problems. Re-enabling the wireless adapter, B rejoins the network with no problem.

On System C (also XP with IE6), the same procedure gives me the same not-found response, and ping fails. System C was also a wireless node, but it never received a solid wireless signal, so access was flakey.

I used the same CAT-5 cable on all three systems, but the NIC's have never been used before on A&B.

What settings or other issues might cause the difference in responses among the three machines?

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi almost,

Not sure I really followed your post, however you seem to be changing the method in which each PC should be connecting to the Network. So, my question is; before you tried to connect to the router, did you run the Network Setup Wizard again and reconfigure the computer for it's new (method of) connection? My first thought would be that it's still trying to connect following the old procedure, and isn't aware that the setup has now changed.