Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

20pin atx motherboard power cable

• Please log in to reply

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
ok so my dad bought ultra xconnect power supply the problem is that the motherboard power cable is too fat or its hard to bend and my computer case wont close... the cable looks like this (second pic from the top)

Posted Image

so can i change the 20pin atx motherboard power cable (second pic from the top) and its 18inches...that comes from the ultra xconnect power supply and can i replace it with this?

this one is 13 inches

http://www.worldofca...oduct/22998.htm

thanks

Edited by realistpnoy, 27 March 2006 - 08:32 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
As long as the 20 pin connector will hook up to the power supply correctly i do not see why you cannot use the regular connector.

SRX660

realistpnoy

realistpnoy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
so i can just pick up any power cable? or do i have to check something before buying it? like power voltage?

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Well, most power supplys do not have a connector that plugs into the PS. Most are hardwired to the PS. I was thinking more of a extender 20 pin cable so you could bent it to fit better. I know of no other power supplys that have any connector at the PS.

http://www.mini-box..../it.A/id.163/.f

SRX660

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

Well, most power supplys do not have a connector that plugs into the PS.

if it's a modular power supply ( like this one) then there are connectors on the PSU..and nothing is hardwired coming out of it..allowing you to reduce clutter by only putting in the cables that you need....as long as you get a modular 20 pin cable like the one that came with it (as far as having the right connectors on both ends) then you should be fine...as i think adding an extender to the cable would make your issue worse