Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power Loss and Video Loss

• Please log in to reply

Pnoymut

Pnoymut

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:help: hay Im rebuilding two seperate computers and I am completely dumbfounded by the complications I am comming across. The first computer was working fine until I pulled out the AC Cord to turn the computer off (I KNOW THATS WRONG) since then the computer stopped turning on. It isnt the PSU (Power Supply Unit) because I've tested quite a few on it and no dice!!!

2nd computer, I again pulled the cord (GOD I HATE MYSELF :whistling: ) and when I try to plug a monitor to it nothing happens, I tried this on two monitors which worked on my other computer but on the victimized one it failed.

HELP PLEASE! :blink:

Edited by Pnoymut, 28 March 2006 - 12:37 AM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Sounds like the puters had problems even before you pulled the cords. You might try a different "power on" switch on the first computer. If you do not get anything at all the Mb is probably burnt.

On the second puter you might try inserting a video card and see if it will boot up.

It still sounds like these puters are both burnt before you started messing with them if they don't shut off by holding the "power on" switch in for 5 to 10 seconds.

SRX660