Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New here- Can't access my documents-possible virus

• Please log in to reply

*yaya*

*yaya*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
I did run the ccleaner. I'll look into the latest version of msn. Thanks!

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Let me know. If it's still not running correctly, post another log and tell me what the problem is exactly and what it says when you boot-up. Have a blessed Easter weekend. :tazz:

*yaya*

*yaya*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks for sticking with me! I haven't had a chance to download the latest version of MSN internet service but I will tomorrow night and see if that fixes it. It still just pops up for no reason at startup.

I'll report back tomorrow. Thanks! :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Yaya, Did you ever get this resolved? If you still want me to look at it, please post another log. :tazz:

*yaya*

*yaya*

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi! Thanks for the reminder! I wound up unistalling MSN all-together so that took care of that problem. I also went into safe mode and msconfig and deselected the Run dll that kept popping up at start-up, however, I can't reset it to "normal" start-up or else I'll keep getting that same error message. I'd like to eventually uninstall or reinstall that component that is missing in order to get rid of that error message all-together. It's a NVIDIA program that is missing a file which I know is legit, but I don't know exactly what component it is.

I have also religiously ran SpyBot, CCleaner, and Ad-Aware and they're keeping my computer clean. So far so good. So, at least I have my computer working properly and there's nothing too crazy going on for now. I think I'm ok.

Thank you Coach's Wife! You've been a big help. When I get home tonight, I'll run another log just for a final review.

Thanks!
Yaya

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
log?