Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

explorer keeps giving me blank pages

• Please log in to reply

kathydoyle

kathydoyle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i am having problems using internet explorer on my laptop. the sites i use normally on my desktop pc for family history, online shopping, etc wont work on the laptop. Most things seem ok but drop down boxes with "search" for example either the button just doesnt work or it goes to a blank page.

Ancestry.com wont let me sign in at all ive checked my password and username are correct. tesco and sainsbury for example wont let me go to online grocery ordering, and so on. I tried going to tools,internet options, security and lowering the custom level from medium to low, but i notice that it goes back to medium anyway.

Its very annoying as ive got this new card which lets me surf in comfort on the sofa instead of at the desk, or at least it would if it didnt keep going blank!Iwould be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions to help.

Many thanks
Kathy doyle

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
hi there kathy, Welcome to Geeks to go,
it appears that your computer is simply denying secure conections, can you log into any secure sites?

graphictechguy

graphictechguy

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Check your Virus protection -Norton and Mcafee both have a habit of blocking secured sites when they become expired/out of date.

maelich

maelich

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
Hi
I dont know if this will help
If you are using wireless connection and it is a BELKIN
unplug the router for 20 seconds and then replug
this used to happen to me with PocketGPS site which I use a lot
This procedure solves the problem
Regards
Michael