Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Looking for Advice

• Please log in to reply

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
I was looking around, and my parents think it would be cool to set up a messenger program on the computers in the house so that the computers have the ability to talk to each other. (All Computers windows XP SP2) I know that Net Send exists and is currently defaulted to "disabled" for safty reasons, is there a free Intranet Messenger that can be downloaded and used, or is there a feature I might not know about? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Immortalarena, 28 March 2006 - 10:57 AM.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hey there Immortalarena.

I dont know if there is any extra options in XP but here is a program thats pritty cool.

http://www.networkmessengers.com/msg/

(I havnt put down the download link, but you will find it on the site. I just gave you this link so that you can look around and see if you want the program.)

Check that out and see if you like it. Small and easy to use.

Enjoy.... :whistling:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
HEEEHEEE...the sample message on their site is PRICELESS...

Immortalarena

Immortalarena

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

HEEEHEEE...the sample message on their site is PRICELESS...

I agree completely. :whistling:

On another note:

I tried to install and run the program and it didn't seem to work, also it wants me to buy licences for every PC I want to use it on. Also Uninstalling it was a hassel and it gave me a lot of errors simply while uninstalling it.

Does anyone have any other programs/Ideas?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if all the machines are gonna be connected to the internet..you can just use any messanging program...

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://www.softpedia...ts/index2.shtml here's a decent list...no experience with any of the software..so...don't know how or if any of them work