Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

geekstogo and other sites blocked!

• Please log in to reply

clairest

clairest

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
Whether I use a favorites link, use AOL or IE (AOL is my ISP too), google it or what not, I can't get to geekstogo.com from my home computer. I'm posting from a friend's computer. Lately, I have problems signing into other sites as well. I can't log into my credit card site (I get a warning about using a current version of IE, which I have and using 128-bit encryption, which I have), photoshopuser.com (I just signed in there for the first time yesterday and now I can't log in there today). I have Norton Security Suite 2005 updated regularly, but disabled their firewall and have Zone Alarm's firewall instead. Is something or someone malicious blocking these things, or is it Norton? I tried turning off Zone Alarm and that didn't fix it... so I turned it back on. I want to growl, I am so frustrated that geekstogo.com gets blocked!

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

I tried turning off Zone Alarm and that didn't fix it...

Does it say this:

The Web site that you have requested is in violation of your Parental Control settings.
The site you requested was:
http://www.geekstogo...forum/index.php
This site has been categorized as:
News Groups.

Click here to request a reevaluation of this site or to submit a site that should have been blocked.

Hey there, I think this might be your problem. (ZoneAlarm) Open ZoneAlarm and put all the settings on low or off. (This is just for test)

And:

To unblock the category News Groups:
1. Open ZoneAlarm Suite
2. Click Parental Control on the left-hand menu
3. Click the Categories tab
4. Clear the check box next to the category News Groups
You may need to supply a password to perform this action.

Let me know if this worked. :whistling: