Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU is freaking out again and printer is acting strangely!

• Please log in to reply

POC Computer

POC Computer

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I have no idea if these two things are related!
Lately my CPU has been increasing to 100% for no reason and so whatever programs I'm running want to terminate!
I received help for this problem not long ago and I thought we had it beat, BUT IT'S BACK!
The only thing I've downloaded lately, THAT I KNOW OF, is a power tab program from Ultimate-guitar.com.
Spybot, Ad-Aware, and Ewido aren't detecting any problems!
And now my computer isn't registering my printer. The icon has disappeared from the bottom of my screen so even though it's plugged into my computer, my computer isn't registering it! The wierd part is that the printer shows that the job has gone through and even says "Printing," but then it does nothing! I put paper in and checked the ink cartridges, but I don't know what else to do!
*As a wierd side note, I happened to glance to the left of my screen while in Microsoft Word and noticed a text document name that I've never seen before and that I never created called, "[bleep] 102." I think it's path was through the E:/ drive, but I haven't used my USB for about 4 weeks! AND NOW Microsoft Word is freezing up!
Think you can help with these problems?

Edited by POC Computer, 28 March 2006 - 12:49 PM.

Advertisements