Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Blue Screen" help

• Please log in to reply

Dorado306

Dorado306

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been trying to fix my laptop for almost two weeks and can't figure anything out. I tried to reinstall the OS but i cant even get to Windows before the "blue screen of death" pops up. I tried going at it in "Safe Mode" but it always stops booting when it gets to the:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(o)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\agp440.sys

All I want to do is reinstall Windows can someone help

-Brian

First Blue Screen Reads:
A problem has been detected and windown has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as catching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select safe mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005, 0X80533F7B, 0XF898F140, 0X00000000)

When I enter in safe mode it wont get passed point i mentioned above, and then it goes to another blue screen that reads:

A problem has been detected and windown has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or back up utilities. Check your hard drive configuration, and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information

*** STOP: 0X000000023 (0X000E0100, 0XF8A170CC, 0X80533F7B)

Edited by Dorado306, 28 March 2006 - 01:21 PM.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Heres microsoft's fix for agp440.sys.

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;324764

Ahuma has a webpage on stop errors.

http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php

This really sounds like you have a corrupted hard drive. The 0x000000023 error is a corrupt FAT32 error.

SRX660

Dorado306

Dorado306

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
how would i go about fixing something like a corrupted hard drive? Will i have to replace it. I cant even get passed the windows load screen

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
put your xp cd in the drive and boot to it...once the setup loads press R for recovery consolde...enter your admin password (if you don't know it ttry leaving it blank) then type chkdsk /r at the prompt and let that run to completion (45 min or so)....report any errors