Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Broadband...

• Please log in to reply

kill_hXc

kill_hXc

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hi,

First of all I'm not sure whether this is the right place to post this, but it needs to be posted.

I need to buy a wireless router for connecting my laptop to my home broadband connection BUT I'm not sure which one to buy in order to keep prices down to a minimum!

I have a Toshiba Equium laptop with an internal Atheros AR5005GS Wireless Network Adapter, and my broadband connection comes through a speedTouch 330 USB ADSL...thing.

If you have any help to offer on the subject (whether I need something else, what router I could buy, what TYPE of router I need to buy etc.) it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tom Witcomb

Advertisements

WinCrazy

WinCrazy

• PipPipPip
  • 324 posts
(The following opinion does not necessarily reflect the views of the staff of GeeksToGo or anyone else of this planet.)

I've been keeping tabs on the experiences of the most popular routers (all are wireless these days) and have been dissapointed by the offerings from the largest vendors which include Linksys, Netgear, D-Link and Belkin. I have recently installed and used the following router and have been pleased by its ease of installation and setup:

ZyXEL Prestige 334W