Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

EMERGENCY: Problem with Norton Internet Security

• Please log in to reply

Brianne

Brianne

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Earlier my Norton Internet Security was working perfectly fine. I was running adaware, had to re-start my computer a bit later, and NIS failed to load in my toolbar. I've since re-started 5 or 6 times, and it's still failing to load in the toolbar, therefor I cannot enable it.

When I open it on my desktop, the main window for it comes up, but stays white/blank and tells me something about being logged into an administrator account, and won't let me do anything, even though I AM on the administrator account.

I am also getting a message every now and then that says:

Symantec Integrator
An unhandled exception has occurred...
The Error was:
Unknown (0xE06D7363)

WHAT happened.

I also do not have the cd-rom for this, since a computer technician installed it for me. My cd-rom/burner also is not working, so that wouldn't even be an option.

I use Win XP Home

My E-Mail is [email protected]
AIM screen-name is in el ritmo
My MSN is also [email protected]

PLEASE help.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

As a temporary fix go back into adaware and restore the items in quarintine this shoud restore what adaware removed creating the problem.

Then post over in software I am sure someone in there knows how to stop adaware from removing the norton component.

Rick

Brianne

Brianne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi,

As a temporary fix go back into adaware and restore the items in quarintine this shoud restore what adaware removed creating the problem.

Then post over in software I am sure someone in there knows how to stop adaware from removing the norton component.

Rick

View Post

Just tried that, and re-started. Same problem.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
If you are runnind XP I wonder if trying a restore point from and earlier date would solve the problem

Brianne

Brianne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

If you are runnind XP I wonder if trying a restore point from and earlier date would solve the problem

View Post

How would I go about doing that? I've never done it before.

;) :tazz:

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Go to start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore

A box will open up, check restore my computer to a earlier date, follow the instructions a calender will appear, select a date from it that was before you ran adaware.

I ain't sure it will work but it won't hurt either.

Rick

Brianne

Brianne

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Go to start/programs/accessories/system tools/system restore

A box will open up, check restore my computer to a earlier date, follow the instructions a calender will appear, select a date from it that was before you ran adaware.

I ain't sure it will work but it won't hurt either.

Rick

View Post

I'm getting this:

System Restore has been turned off.

Do you want to turn on System Restore now?

And then it gives me the option of yes or no.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Well that ain't going to work because system restore was turned off and there were no restore points created.

I am out of ideas other than getting rid of norton I don't know what all was included with it but if you only need a virus scan there are free ones such as AVG that are just as good maybe better and AVG, Adaware, and windows XP sp2 firerwall is all I use and never have any problems

You could also ask over in software, them folks are pretty good.

Rick