Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Intermittent problem sending email

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have been using Outlook 2002 for years with no problem. Over the last month, email is sometimes not sending; just stays in outbox. Thought it was a problem only with replying, but now is happening when I cut & paste an email address as well. Finally typed in email address by hand and it sent. The big problem is that it only happens in maybe 1 out of 10 emails (the rest send with no problem) so it is very hard to troubleshoot. Also c.c.'s are sent even when the message in the "to" box does not send. Situation is the same for replying or cutting & pasting an address. So far has not happened when I manually type in an address, but that may be because I don't do that often, and the 1 in 10 odds just have not kicked in.

This is a really huge issue for me because I have a little internet-based business and reply or send out new emails to about 30 people a day.

Can anybody help with this - I'm pretty desperate!

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Have you tried looking for updates and seeing if any are needed?