Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Excel Paste Problems

• Please log in to reply

m5fromns

m5fromns

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have been using Excel to keep track of my finances since January, so I frequently am copying and pasting information into cells from bank statement, bills, etc. Well recently it started merging two cells together putting the text at the bottom (example: cells a1 and a2 merge together and text is in a2) and I have to click on the little paste options button that pops up next to the cells and select match destination formatting instead of keep source formatting to cause the cells to un merge the way they should be. This has never happened before and nothing has changed with how or where I am copying to the clipboard from. I have looked for an answer everywhere and tried adjusting any settings or options and have had no success. I am quite familiar with the program and I can't figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :whistling:

Advertisements