Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Operating System

• Please log in to reply

Pizcal

Pizcal

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a problem with my computer, i had caught a virus a few days ago, and within few seconds after my computer detected the virus in my computer, a blue screen appeared, and then my computer turned itself off. When i tried to turn it on, it would run until the point before the Windows XP screen comes up and starts loading, then a black screen would appear, and just stay like that. i tried pressing F8 so then i could run in safe mode but still wont work. i even tried putting in the Windows XP cd, and boot from it, but still it wouldnt work. i tried to talk to the technicians, they said my registry must have gotten corrupted... so if anyone can help, please write back!

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi Pizcal...

The first thing we need to do is get to a command prompt. Have you tried all of the Safe Mode options? If not, try "Last known good configuration" and "Command prompt only".

Have you tried booting to the cd and going to Recovery Console by pressing R, or will it simply not boot to the cd?

Let me know just what you have tried...

wannabe1

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
I received your PM...

Do you have a floppy drive on the machine?

wannabe1