Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

firefox problem

• Please log in to reply

binsch

binsch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
checked and there wasnt firefox.exe there

Advertisements

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
are you sure about that? the next thing I was going to try is to have you make a completely new profile and forget about deleting your current one for a while because you've obviously done something very strange to it with firetune. Usually errors like that are caused by firefox remaining resident in the processes list even when there are no visible windows open.

this link tells you how to create a new profile if you scroll down a bit, but of course its required that you can shut down firefox completely to begin with. so if you really can't find it, I guess you'll have to reboot

http://www.mozilla.o...firefox/profile

I suppose another thing you could do is to uninstall firefox, delete the mozilla folder out of application data, download and run ccleaner to clean your registry a bit, then download firefox again from the site and do a fresh install.

Edited by Thef0rce, 29 March 2006 - 04:35 PM.

binsch

binsch

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
hey thanks it worked i just made a new profile and deleted my old one thanks alot. now i have to go have fun finding all my bookmarks and extensions :whistling:

ben