Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton Antivirus 2003

• Please log in to reply

Brianne

Brianne

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Earlier my Norton Internet Security was working perfectly fine. I was running adaware, had to re-start my computer a bit later, and NIS failed to load in my toolbar. I've since re-started 5 or 6 times, and it's still failing to load in the toolbar, therefor I cannot enable it.

When I open it on my desktop, the main window for it comes up, but stays white/blank and tells me something about being logged into an administrator account, and won't let me do anything, even though I AM on the administrator account.

I am also getting a message every now and then that says:

Symantec Integrator
An unhandled exception has occurred...
The Error was:
Unknown (0xE06D7363)

WHAT happened.

I also do not have the cd-rom for this, since a computer technician installed it for me. My cd-rom/burner also is not working, so that wouldn't even be an option.

I use Win XP Home

My E-Mail is [email protected]
AIM screen-name is in el ritmo
My MSN is also [email protected]

PLEASE help.

-- I went into adaware and restored the quarantined files. But that didn't seem to help.

Advertisements

DeanofHC

DeanofHC

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
This won't be the fix all support you really need, just a couple of suggestions without knowing all of the facts as to NIS version, etc.

Symantec has a good tech support website here that I would encourage you to check out. I have used the site in the past when I was running Norton on my PCs and was relatively impressed with it.

I have run into problems with reg edit/spyware in regards to Norton before and the steps I took to solve it involved booting in safe mode disconnected from the internet with a fully updated AVG Free Anti-Virus. I ran Lavasoft Ad-Aware and Spybot as well and was able to fix the problems. It was one of those "don't really know what wasn't working but it was fixed", but the AVG did find viruses after Norton died.

Good luck, sorry this wasn't particularly helpful.