Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I someone said they wanted to buy your username...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Ok please, please, don't get me wrong I don't want to buy anyones username, it is a question to see how attatched you are to your username, could you give it up, change it easily, how long have you had it, also(optional) on other sites do you keep to the same username or feel uncomfortable as another username.

I myself wouldn't sell it period, about five years now, and yes I am fleamailman everywhere else too.

Advertisements

frinkulator

frinkulator

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
If I was to sell it (never would) I would expect at least 200 dollars :whistling:, seeing as I've been using it since year 2000! I've used it on many other forums and lots of online games.... so its well known.

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
I've been using my username since the days of Quake deathmatch so no amount of money is enough.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
After a long an exhaustive search i eventually came across mine that combined my love online violence of the highest order and my name and nationality all in one good sounding name, i dont think i would ever give it up, i would have to go back to using my old cadet nickname/callsign "tank" and i dont like that as much and its always taken.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
:whistling: No way would I give up mine. It's my actual name...well, my name is Kathie. But I've been called Kat my entire life. I'm Kat on all of the other malware boards, and every other forum I'm a member of. The only exception I can think of offhand is a private pay forum I've been a member of a long time. My name there is different...for obvious reasons. :blink:

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...since my nick here is my name...i wouldn't mind sellilng it at all...but my long time alter ego of crapflinger is mine...and no one can have it...ever!!

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Mine could be spankme but noones having that either not even my wife, pity.

Edited by fleamailman, 29 March 2006 - 09:59 AM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I would sell mine for the right price. however I don't think anyone is going to offer 100,000,000 for mine... :whistling:

besides I have a lot of time invested in my name. Its a well known and established identity. now copyrighting or trademarking would be an option....

Mr.Chow

Mr.Chow

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
For the right price ... No problem ... It's just a name ! Although it wont be to cheap!

I use this name for games and other random stuff. It may not be the funniest name or funny at all to some ... :whistling: But people rember it :help:

And no im not azn :blink:

I got my name from a fast food that is in California. Its called Mr. Chaus Chinease Fast Food.

http://www.mrchausfastfood.com/

Just stuck with me ... =P

Edited by Mr.Chow, 29 March 2006 - 10:50 AM.

Enzeru Rocker

Enzeru Rocker

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
I could not sell my username. I use it on just about everything, usually just "Enzeru". I've seen a few people with the name "Enzeru" but sheez I've had it for five years now going on six soon.

Advertisements

Whiskeyman

Whiskeyman

• PipPipPip
  • 469 posts
My users names could never be bought. They would need to be earned.

p-zero

p-zero

• PipPipPip
  • 276 posts
Mine I wouldnt sell. Unless the price was right. Ive used this name/nick for almost 9 years,(wow longer than i thought). I use a different name mostly now.......it strikes fear into the hearts of cs snipers. 8).
-Pete.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

My users names could never be bought. They would need to be earned.

Very excellent point. :help: Can I fool myself into thinking that my username is something that someone would want to earn? :whistling: :blink:

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Depends on how much they offer :help:

I could go through virtual life as Hysterically Blonde or Terminally Blonde...or Just Blonde... :blink:

:whistling:

Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 04 April 2006 - 08:55 AM.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Looks "certifiably purple" to me, but perhaps that just comes from my working with a grook of goblins in small hovel supposed to be a workspace here I presume, anyway, above somewhere through the pile of mangled comp-bits there is a door that leads to the street, the outside world and the moon above, ah, but these loonies have turned their back to all that, I mean who needs a big disk in the sky now, when one can positively gleem with RAID-viewing.

Edited by fleamailman, 04 April 2006 - 10:19 AM.