Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IDE/ATA/ATAPI Controller

• Please log in to reply

Wires

Wires

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I'm very new to this so bear with me. i have a problem with this blankety blank Dell demision 3000 it has windows XP home and is less then a year old. anyway the Primary IDE Channel switches to PIO mode on its own. my only way to fix the problem is to unistall the device Primary IDE and reinstall it . that action restores the IDE to Ultra DMA mode 5. I have called Dell on several occasions and they have been no help. I think there is a motherboard problem but truly i do not know enough about it to tell. another problem which may be linked or may not is after i followed Dell's troubleshooting now the system always pompts the shut down counter when i log off. I had a very good friend that could help fix this problem but he has departed to the current conflict so i'm at a loss. any good advice would be appreciated.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
This website would be a good read.

http://www.michna.com/kb/WxDMA.htm

SRX660