Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A neat little trick

• Please log in to reply

Die4me

Die4me

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
{edited for inappropriate content}

Edited by coachwife6, 29 March 2006 - 04:26 AM.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I get the emails for this forum, and I read what was posted. Good decision to edit, CW6!

Now for those of you who also read the email notification:
If you own a computer running XP, be aware that there are two kinds of Admin accounts. One is the user with admin privileges, and the other is the "real" admin account. On XP Home, you log into it through safe mode. On XP Pro two taps of control-alt-delete on the Welcome screen should get you an admin log on box. Log into your REAL admin account right now, before you forget, and set a password if you haven't done so already. Many OEMs ship with blank passwords, a huge security hole. If you do not password protect your real admin account, anyone with physical access can log onto your computer and see the contents of any folder or change any setting. If you do not know what your password is, contact the appropriate person (the one who installed Windows), ask and change it. You have been warned.

Johanna