Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

dvd problems

• Please log in to reply

boshka

boshka

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there I am new to so I don't know if I am doing it right.
When I put A dvd in my drive it I used to get a menu appear asking me what program I want to open it with now it does nothing if I go into my computer and click on dvd drive my computer freezes and I have to turn it off

Advertisements

rt3d

rt3d

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Hi there I am new to so I don't know if I am doing it right.
When I put A dvd in my drive it I used to get a menu appear asking me what program I want to open it with now it does nothing if I go into my computer and click on dvd drive my computer freezes and I have to turn it off

Hello, I am new here to.

What is the brand name and model of you dvd player? Is it strictly a dvd rom or a dvd/cd combo drive?

I have a hp dvd/cd combo drive and a dvd rom drive. Sometimes when I insert a cd into my dvd/cd drive, a default win xp window will open up and give me options of what I want to do with the contents of the cd. When I install a dvd in my dvd rom drive, for example, my default movie software/player will open up automatically to play the movie.

You could try updating your driver for that specific drive through your manufacturers website. Or reinstalling the driver.

boshka

boshka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My dvd burner is pioneer \. It used to open a menu to choose what program to open but does not do this anaymore

boshka

boshka

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
My dvd burner is pioneer. It used to open a menu to choose what program to open but does not do this anymore